Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Blackish-Red and Bruised Nail

You're not a real runner until you lose a toenail, that's what they say. It's like a badge of honor for runners. The one in the picture is mine. So, should I be happy about it?

Well, I don't know. I like running but I don't want to lose my toenail to be honest.

As I read from Runner's World magazine, the most likely cause is long runs in ill-fitting shoes. How to avoid that? There should be 1 cm between the end of the shoe and the longest toe, with the toes neither crowded nor slipping around.

Alternatively, you can also use onion. Get one, slice it, and then rub a slice or two to your toes just before your long run. I haven't found the scientific explanation for this. It has been traditionally practiced by Indonesians though and it might do the trick!

Keep on running!

Technical Details:
How did I get this?
Where? Along Pantai Panorama and Pantai Hill Park, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
When? After my first long run for 2011 SCKLM preparation
How Much? Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment