Saturday, August 27, 2011

Life Begins at Forty

This is my reflection after going through most of the 40th year of my life. In the end, I couldn't agree more with the above statement.

When I was forty:
  • I lost 22 kg (in 22 consecutive weeks only!).
  • I started living a healthy life (with nutritious food and regular exercise)
  • I restarted running regularly after more than 15 years break and became an avid runner!
  • I ran my first half marathon, which I had never imagined before, even until 3 months prior to the race!
  • I had my best shape for the last 15 years of my life.
  • I felt good, enlightened, and most of all, I felt reborn!
  • I would, hopefully, spend the last 10 days of Ramadan with my wife & kids (for the first time in my life!).

Now, in 10 days I'm gonna turn 41. I've made up my mind that the next year onward I should get happier, fitter, more mature, and that my goals in life will continue to get bigger... instead of my belly... :-)

Have a good day!

Technical Details:
How did I go through this?
Where? Kuala Lumpur, Bandung, and Manila
When? Between September 2010 and September 2011
How Much? Not sure about it but, in overall, it's priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment