Saturday, September 17, 2011

Halal Food in the Philippines

Finding a halal restaurant in a country like the Philippines is not an easy job. When you can get one, especially if it's just a walking distance from your place, then it would be like finding an oasis in a desert.

Halal Restaurant at Saint Francis Square, Pasig City
I was prepared only to buy fruits, vegetables, and fish from the supermarket and then do my own cooking at that time. That was until I ran into two ladies with head scarf at two different occasions when I walked to my project site.

The two ladies went into Saint Francis Square, a small and packed shopping complex in Pasig City just across SM Megamall, where they sell anything from cellphone, accessories, clothes, shoes, food, and so on. Intuitively, I went inside to do my survey.

My finding was a very good surprise! It didn't take me too long to finally see, in one corner at the back of the shopping complex, a very humble halal restaurant. I learned later that there are quite a number of local moslem workers in that building.

Technical Details:

How did I get this?

Where? Ground Floor, Saint Francis Square, Pasig City 1600, Metro Manila, Philippines
When? From July 2011 to May 2012 (hopefully)
How Much? Between PHP 90 to PHP 160 for a meal



No comments:

Post a Comment