Sunday, September 18, 2011

AXN Runs Philippines 2011

Queueing for ages for the finisher's medal
This morning I participated in AXN Runs Philippines. I was very excited because this is my first, and might be the only, race I have in the Philippines. This is also my second 21K in the last three months.

Starting time for 21K was 5.30 in the morning. The race was quite well managed except for the finisher medal and t-shirt distribution. I have to say that the latest one is very terrible. I think I could have finished another 5K while queueing for the medal.

As expected, I didn't manage to improve my personal best. I just passed the fasting month of Ramadan and during that time I didn't run too much. Therefore, I wasn't in my good performance. I even got very sore legs that I don't think I can run for the next two days!

However, this is still a fantastic experience for me!

Keep on running!

Technical Details:
How did I get this?

Where? Pasig City, Philippines
When? September 18, 2011
How Much? PHP 750 (for late registration and without finisher t-shirt)

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I accidentally stumbled upon your blog while browsing the net. It seems we have quite similar lifestyles. I'm also in my 40's and got back to running after 20 years. I also do at least one marathon/ultra a month and when there is no race scheduled in our country, I tend to join international races where I try to bring my whole family so that it could double as our vacation as well. I just finished my 29th at Tokyo and I was curious that there was a DNF remark on the Tokyo Marathon on your list. Where you there? Anyway, I appreciate you providing a list of races every year and now I know where to search when I need to plan my races. Keep it up! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for dropping by.

    Yes, I got DNF in Tokyo Marathon at the 30th km due to severe cramp in my entire legs since the 16th km onwards. I even had to stop for a while at the 26th km since I barely couldn't walk. Salt stick, water, and banana didn't help much.

    I probably underestimated the exposure to the large changes in temperature. I spent my whole life in South East Asia. That was my first visit to a country with cold climate and I just arrived a day before the race. So I think my body was not yet acclimated. That was a good experience to me and I hope I can come back to Tokyo with better preparation.

    Anyway, congrats on finishing Tokyo Marathon and your 29th marathon! Glad to know my list could be put to some good use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your DNF. I always have a hard time racing in cold weather. I think shivering while waiting at the starting block contributes to cramping later on.

    By the way, the dates you noted for the Milo Marathon in the Philippines are already confirmed. I'm planning on doing the Singapore Sundown, the Laguna Phuket and Angkor Wat. I'm registered for the SCKL. Hope to bump into you in one of those races. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete